Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Get things done while waiting for raid

Oh the things you can get done while waiting for a raid to start!


“We going to get started any time soon?” reverberates from different raiders every few seconds through Ventrillo as the rest of the raid anxiously awaits for the tank, healer or dps to finally get their butt online. We’ve all been there. In fact, we may have been the cause of “Where the Hell is Your Name Here” before.
The question must be asked. What great things can we accomplish in the sometimes hours per week that we are waiting for a key raider to log on?
My goal was to set out to see what I could accomplish in just the time it took for a raid to start. Here are my results so far.
Learned to play some songs on my classical guitar:
Bach Prelude 4 for the Lute Suite
Two other songs by Barrios Mangore
Wrote two of the songs for my bands debut album
Songs #3 and #8, which oddly enough people often say are the two best songs on the album.
Wrote an entire book
Not going to link that because it really really really sucked. But the point is taken I’m sure.
It’s great when raids start on time…but when they don’t?
I would love to hear from you all on how you spend your time while waiting for raids to start. To see how people can take that time that would be completely wasted and do something cool with it.
As for me, my new goal is to see if I can learn a new language from DuoLingo 

No comments:

Post a Comment